Checked baggage is baggage that is transported separately from the passenger.
Baggage check-in procedure
The allowed weight of hold baggage varies depending on the airline company, destination or travel class. In most cases, business class passengers can check in up to two pieces of luggage, not exceeding 32 kilograms per item, without additional charge, while economy class passengers can check in one piece of luggage with a maximum weight up to 20 or 23 kilograms. You can find precise information regarding the checked-in luggage limitations at the selected airline company when booking your flight.
List of forbidden items in your checked baggage:
Explosives and incendiary substances and devices (devices capable or appearing capable of inflicting serious injuries or present security threat), such as:
- • ammunition,
- • denator capsules (for example, explosive lighter),
- • detonators and fuses,
- • replicas and imitations of explosive devices,
- • mines, grenades and other military explosive devices,
- • fireworks and other pyrotechnic articles,
- • canisters and cassettes for smoke production,
- • lithium – ion batteries and devices with lithium – ion batteries,
- • dynamite, gunpowder and plastic explosives.
More detailed information you can be obtain by the selected airline company.
Each airline company specifies the exact quantity, size, and weight of the baggage you can carry into the aircraft. Most frequently, it is allowed to carry one piece of hand baggage with a maximum authorized weight between 5 and 10 kilograms. It is necessary to check the allowed weight and dimensions of hand baggage with your airline when booking your flight.
Here you can find the document with the list of items and materials whose entry into the passenger compartment or luggage is not permitted.
Hand baggage liquids
The passenger can enter the articles whose individual volume does not exceed 100 ml and which, together with all other liquid items in hand luggage, do not exceed the total allowed quantity placed in the appropriate plastic bag with a capacity of up to 1 liter. Items must be placed in special transparent bags containing an opening-closure (Zip-bag) with the maximum capacity of one liter (1 liter) per passenger (see the picture).
Liquids, gels and aerosols include:
- • Water and other types of drinks like juices, syrups, gruel, sauces and similar,
- • Food in sauce or with semi-liquid composition such as honey, jam, and the similar,
- • Cosmetics: creams, lotions and oils like liquid face powder, hand and face cream, sunscreen, roll-on deodorant, etc.
- • Perfumes,
- • Gels, including hair and shower gels,
- • Contents of pressurized containers, including shaving foam, other foams and deodorants,
- • Pastes, including toothpaste,
- • Mascara, eyeliners and similar,
- • Liquid soap, liquid lipstick, lipstick and lip gloss,
- • Any other item of similar consistency.
*The list is not final
More detailed information find at the selected airline company.
The transportation of sports equipment, musical instruments, pets, fragile or precious items, as well as over-weight or bulky items is also possible under special conditions. It is necessary to file such a request to the airline company when booking your flight, when you are provided with information on possibilities, conditions and price list.
Useful tips regarding the luggage
You need to keep in mind certain security requirements while packing your luggage for the trip and when you go to the airport to board to your flight: information regarding the options, the way and the pricelist.
- • You are not allowed to carry certain things with you through checkpoints at airports,
- • You can not carry certain things on the plane, even in your luggage,
- • You and your luggage will be under security control before the boarding.
Your luggage, locked, labeled with a label or a pendant with your name and address, do not leave unattended until baggage check-in at the passenger registration counter. We appeal that taking over and handing someone else's luggage as yours is very risky because you come into the situation that because of the things that are in it you expose yourself to danger or legal responsibility. It is not allowed to carry items in the luggage that are classified as dangerous substances.
Some airline companies do not allow the transport of lithium-ion batteries and lithium batteries in hand or check-in baggage (such as hover board, mini-segway, airwheel or luggage scooter). Certain electronic devices that use lithium-ion battery, such as a mobile phone, can only be received in a hand luggage, under condition they are off and not fully charged while traveling by plane.
It is strictly forbidden to leave luggage unattended at the airport!
For security reasons or in case of lost luggage, it is useful to mark your luggage with a sticker containing your personal and contact details (name, surname, phone number and address).
Wrap any items containing liquids in separate sealed plastic bags, so that the content cannot spill over your other belongings, should the glass break. You can get more information about transportation of fragile items from your airline company.
Most airline companies accept transportation of fragile and valuable items under special conditions. You can get information about specific luggage transportation, conditions and prices from your airline company.